AgRecord Sales Person - Job description
03 January 2019 by Gretchen King
AgRecord Sales Person. January 2019
Mission: To grow number of paid users of AgRecord’s software, namely Cloud Farmer
This role will be primarily a sales role, where you will be responding to and generating enquiries with the purpose of selling the Cloud Farmer software to the client. Due to the usability of the software, the majority of sales are conducted over the phone. This allows you to be based anywhere in NZ as our clients are based nationwide. It is up to you to manage your sales pipeline, the sales process, close the sale, chase up any late payment if required, provide training, and then you will essentially hand over responsibility of the client to our Client Support Manager once this process has been completed (ie once the ‘training wheels’ are off.). Leads will be fed to you, although as it is your responsibility to ensure your pipeline is full, you will be expected to be proactive in bringing in leads as well, including via your own networks and by regularly mining the database to ensure that you are staying on target. You are expected to provide detailed notes in our CRM system of all communications with clients, and these are to be entered at the time of the conversation. You will also need to provide a weekly sales summary which will be included in the weekly report.
How the role will work
Role is 20-30 hours per week. Hours worked are to be managed in a manner that maximises sales opportunities, meets KPI’s and achieve the sales goals, including fitting around farmers availability. This means that there will be a minimum of 2 hours evening work per week.
AgRecord strive to provide a flat management structure. All staff are based remotely and work from home or work part time from an office sharing facility. We are big believers that our staff are the heart of our company, and the flexibility of the hours allows you to work around the availability of farmers and your own personal commitments such as family and children. Every employee is expected to self-manage in a manner that maximises the efficiency of their role, and to take ownership and accountability of their position. You will be encouraged to provide feedback and input into how your role, and the company as a whole, can better strive to meet our goals.
The role consists of an hourly wage and once the employee achieves their sales target they will receive a bonus, based on a tiered structure. This structure was chosen because it encourages ownership within the role, which adheres to our ‘Leadership Culture’ aspirations, and ensures that you are not disadvantaged over quiet periods, such as Christmas and New Year.
- AgRecord have a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policy. Staff are expected to provide their own devices, including but not restricted to a mobile phone and laptop (or similar). It is expected that you will work from home and have an appropriate area to work from (eg home office). If this is not the case or you prefer to work with others, then we can discuss office sharing arrangements. For this role it is essential that you have decent broadband, both for remoting into clients’ systems, and for participating in the weekly video conference. You must comply with health and safety procedures and the Health and Safety at Work Act and as you will work from home it is your responsibility to create a good working environment, including one that adheres to Health & Safety Requirements
- Expected to act as a representative of the business at all times
- Confidentiality and sensitivity of clients information at all times and to protect client information
- Attend Field Days
- Reply to all new enquiries as soon as possible, but within 24 hours maximum
- Ensure sales plans and call cycles according to classification are in place for all customers and utilised
- Corrective actions are taken to address variances in planned sales targets
- Up-to-date knowledge of products is maintained
- Records and documentation are accurately and routinely maintained to ensure ease of access to reporting, current sales and customers data as required
- Onboard all your new clients and provide training and support until they are ready to be handed over to the Client Support Team
- Up to date knowledge of the point of difference between Cloud Farmer, their competitors and other farming software is maintained
- Liaise with other members of the AgRecord team to ensure that someone always available to field clients calls
- To provide detailed notes in our database of all communications with clients, including cc-ing emails in
- Provide a weekly sales summary which will be included in our weekly report
- You will be results driven
- Assist with promotion where required – eg facebook, Linked In profile, Twitter
- Relationship management
- Business Development
- Understanding of complementary and competitive products and where our business fits in
- You will be required to travel in order to regularly meet with the rest of the team
- Some overnight travel is required for the role. This will mainly be for Field Days and industry events but may also include client visits.
- To partake in the weekly meeting via video conferencing
- To be passionate about our business, our industry, and to embrace our company values as follows:
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proven successful sales experience (ideally over the phone)
- Excellent relationship building and networking capability
- Proven time management skills and ability to self-manage
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills
- Clean and full drivers licence held
- Good with technology including able to work through problems / bugs, do own initial testing and escalate to tech team if required
- Able to explain and train users in the software including helping them with any technical issues they may have
- Attention to detail when it comes to administration – recording all conversations, scheduling tasks on the CRM system, follow up of clients etc
- Good knowledge of NZ Sheep and Beef Farming. You will be able to understand and relate to the challenges as well as day to day activities that effect your client.
- Good knowledge of NZ Sheep and Beef Industry, including knowledge of who the main influencers and influential farmers are
- Good geographical knowledge of rural NZ
- Tenacity to achieve results in a demanding environment
- Commercially astute
- High level of personal confidence
- Flexible and adaptable
- High standard of personal presentation
- Thrives on challenge
- Strong work ethic
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to travel away from home travel if required
- An ability to be friendly, personable and understand the fine line between encouraging sales without being perceived as rude or overly pushy
- And most importantly, an ability to close sales
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com outlining why you think your skills and experience make you a great fit for our company.
Back to News and Updates